Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC to LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCBElectronic

Hy all
I made a schematic but I don't know if it right!
I want to conect a PIC16F628A to an LCD 20*4 , i need 2 buttons for set some stuff and an on/off button ; it is working on battery
to explain it: I wanth to have a text on the lcd than if I push one of the 2 buttons another text will apaire. EX: Time 8h (for example this text is on the lcd ) and if i push the other button to be able to set the 8 into 5 for example
All I need from you guys is to know if the schematic is right if you can help me ;)

Attachments

• programator.gif
    programator.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,024
PCB

I don't have an answer, but I've clicked on it anyway. Can't this schematic possibly be simulated to find out its working status?

OMG , is that a schematic?
No offense but that is completelly wrong, I can't see anything correct in it (icluding 7805, switches on Datalink to LCD, diodes and cappacitors that prevent current from powering it).
Is this your first attempt to draw your own schematic?

The power suply is full of errors.

First the diode that was supoded to protect the circuit is the wrong way around (It wont let any curent to the circuit).Then the on indicator LED is in series whith the surce and it dosent have an curent limiting resistor.Then the filter capacitators are also i series and are suposed to be in parallel whith the suply.

Then the switches are not wired properly.

The PIC and the LCD are not geting power becose the capacitator is in series agen.

This design wont work since its full of errors.

Im sory but this needs to be complety re designed.

Hi,

Few things I spotted quickly:

You can't pass DC with a series capacitor, so your power circuit (7805) won't work. You need to bypass any AC to ground. Capacitors pass AC, so they need to be connected from the rail to ground.

The switches need to have a pullup resistor to a power rail, so there are no floating inputs.

The diodes are all in the wrong spots. They need to have a 100 ohm or so resistor to ground from the rail

Good luck

Arran

I gues you dont understand the basics of electronics.

So start whith some simple stuff to get to know some concepts beter

yes is the first time when I make my own schematic.
Can Anybody make it for me please?
I tried but ....

You have to write an program for the PIC.Can you do that?

Did you do somting simple first like blinking LEDs?

PCBElectronic said:
yes is the first time when I make my own schematic.
Can Anybody make it for me please?
I tried but ....

Try consulting my tutorials, the circuits for your design are all covered in the various different parts of the tutorials.

Someone Electro said:
You have to write an program for the PIC.Can you do that?

Did you do somting simple first like blinking LEDs?

somebody is gonna help me in righting the soft but I need to make the schematic good
Can you help me please?

You have a bad attitude, you should want to know how things work first (eg reading datasheets and books) and then try to build it yourself. Don't rely on anybody (eg somebody will make SW for you) but try to do it yourself. Only then you can learn something.

Someone Electro said:
What do you mean in this statement:
"somebody is gonna help me in righting the soft ..."

I have a friend that is gonna help me with the soft he is gonna learn me to right it
I read the datasheets for the components that I used but they are in english an I am romanian I mean I don'y understand all the stuff
Please can you help me in redrwawing the schematic :(

I will first give you the scrematic of the powersuply so you will see how its suposed to be done.

Here you go It has an power switch and an power on LED.

Ignore the regulator i used in the schematic.(I just clicked osme regulator becose its only the schematic that maters)

Attachments

• psu_489.jpg
    psu_489.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 756
Someone Electro said:
Here you go It has an power switch and an power on LED.

Ignore the regulator i used in the schematic.(I just clicked osme regulator becose its only the schematic that maters)
Berni, where are the 100nF Caps? They are important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back