Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic to control X10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardoco

Does anyone know if there is a way to control X10 devices with a pic or better still has anyone done it??? i would be very interested to hear.. :D

The only thing I've ever done with X10 devices is block their popups and popunders. ^^

At the moment i have them (X10 units) doing all the meenial tasks in my home like shutting curtains turning the lights on/off controling the gadgets on my fish tank plus many more...so i guess the answer to my question is no then bonxer lol.... :lol:

Nigel you are a star thankyou .... :D

The Pic Basic Pro compiler has X-10 commands. You will need and appropriate interface to the power lines.

At one time I was considering using a TW523 (I think). On that device you have to have the micro do lots of work. That part is no longer made, but I found that you could get the CM11A on ebay for 15US or so. Then you just need to use any micro with a UART or bit bang one to send and receive X10 commands.

Im blown away by the X10 application note from microchip it has a nice program and the schematics cool does anyone else have experiance with X10 and the F877??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back