Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzad-h

Hi to all

I m facing problem of dumping the code in PIC18F452 i m using software winpic800 when i load the hex file in the code area and want to dump the software gives me error at start as in picture
PLz help to solve the problem
Thanks

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 156
That means the PIC hasn't been programmed at all, 0xFFFF is what a completely blank device reads, or no PIC connected to the programmer. The most common reason is too little voltage to switch the PIC to programming mode - but you don't mention what programmer you're using?.

Hi Goodwin
Thanks for reply i m using the pic programmer on website(www.coolcircuit.com) and the program code is of 2.09KB the program is on website microchip.com with application note number AN843
plz help to solve problem
Thanks

I m using universal voltage dc adapter gives voltage up to 18v i think the problem is due to software because when i enter the code and disconnect my programmer and by pressing programall button the same error appears
and when code is not entered and by pressing programall button no error appears
thanks

Is your supply regulated or unregulated?, an unregulated supply may (and often does) have too much ripple on it to work.

You think wrong, those actions are exactly what I would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back