Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic simultor won't compile

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,

My Pic simulator started crashing a while ago, so I updated it to the latest version. This installed ok, but now the computer crashes every time. This is as I try to compile a program. I tried the simplest 2 line program and it still happens.

Cheers, Camerart.

Hi,

My Pic simulator started crashing a while ago, so I updated it to the latest version. This installed ok, but now the computer crashes every time. This is as I try to compile a program. I tried the simplest 2 line program and it still happens.

Cheers, Camerart.

Make sure UAC is turned off...

I uninstalled it, then slid the UAC slider to the bottom, then installed it, then opened with administrator. Still crashes!! Then I slide the UAC slider back to it's safe level.

Hi,

Cheers, Camerart.

hi,
Did you delete the old version of the PIC IDE Sim program , before installing the new version.??

Are you using the 16F version of the Sim.??

hi,
Did you delete the old version of the PIC IDE Sim program , before installing the new version.??

Are you using the 16F version of the Sim.??

Reminder: The program was working ok, then it slowly started crashing, now it crashes every time.

Yes, I uninstalled the program, and searched for it on the computer to see if there was anything else likely.

The latest version is 6.92, this works with 16F chips.

It is possible that the problem is in a file called edittextbropro.dll. The date on it is the same as when I installed the first picsimulatoride program, and didn't change when I updated it. I dared to dig deep into the computer files, and when I changed the name of this file, the program crashed at the opening of the basic compiler page.

I'm not sure if this is a bit too deep, but maybe someone knows what is actually happening.

Until this is fixed (which would be more convenient) I'll continue to use the simulator in virtualbox.

hi,
I have searched my PC for edittextbropro.dll, its not found.

I use XP Pro with Oshonsoft.

E.

I use Oshonsoft on Vista..... You MUST install as administrator or it will never work... You can't even run as administrator if it wasn't installed as instructed

!!! Important note for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users !!!: After you have installed an application and want to start it for the first time, you need to right-click on the application shortcut in Windows Start menu and choose 'Run as administrator' command, otherwise the error message 'Unexpected error; quitting' will be displayed. This step should be performed only once. Every other time the application can be started by a standard double-click on its shortcut with left mouse button.

From the web site... However... I had to install as administrator..

Hi all,

Thanks for checking.

I'm really sorry, but it should have been: edittextboxpro.dll I have a mild dyslexia.

Cheers, Camerart

It is possible that the problem is in a file called edittextbropro.dll. The date on it is the same as when I installed the first picsimulatoride program, and didn't change when I updated it. I dared to dig deep into the computer files, and when I changed the name of this file, the program crashed at the opening of the basic compiler page.

I'm not sure if this is a bit too deep, but maybe someone knows what is actually happening.

Until this is fixed (which would be more convenient) I'll continue to use the simulator in virtualbox.

Hi

So...since it worked in virtual box, that's the same thing as running the program in a new windows install.

If you already have the latest win 7 service pack installed, try re-installing it. Otherwise, install the latest windows service pack. I suggest this because it seems there is a problem with Win OS files, and the service pack replaces many of them...it might fix it.

eT

Hi

So...since it worked in virtual box, that's the same thing as running the program in a new windows install.

If you already have the latest win 7 service pack installed, try re-installing it. Otherwise, install the latest windows service pack. I suggest this because it seems there is a problem with Win OS files, and the service pack replaces many of them...it might fix it.

eT

>>Yes, it is in virtual box, in XP.>>>

I don't have separate disk for WIN7 they are on the computer, and I've tried 'system file check' OK. I also update regularly. also I don't really want to 'play' too much with my 'at the moment' working computer. Although unless anyone has had this problem and knows exactly how to fix it, I think I will leave nearly well alone.

Thanks all.

The other thing you need to try.... Install it to the "USERS" directory.... You don't seem to have access rights to the "program files" directory... When you try to compile the program.. It needs to save the file... If the program HASN'T got privileges it will bomb out as you compile.

Take a copy of your code and create a folder in "My Documents" run and compile from this location.... It should work...

The other thing you need to try.... Install it to the "USERS" directory.... You don't seem to have access rights to the "program files" directory... When you try to compile the program.. It needs to save the file... If the program HASN'T got privileges it will bomb out as you compile.

Take a copy of your code and create a folder in "My Documents" run and compile from this location.... It should work...

Well done Ian, IT DOES WORK!!!!

Thank you, Camerart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back