Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good simulator is MPLAB's MPSIM. It comes with your free copy of MPLAB. I recommend either one of the version 6.xx or version 5.xx as the newest version of MPLAB (7.00) still (reportedly) has some bugs.

Although I use MPSIM to test most of my code (before I put it on the pic), I also use PIC Simulator IDE by www.oshonsoft.com for LCD programming.
PIC Simulator IDE has many nice features but it is still a work in progress. (a 30 day full capability trial is available and if you like it, it is something like $20 US).

Do you want to simulate Microchip's microcontrollers?

If so, then this simulator apparently does not support PICs. This is at least what I gather from its website.

Simulators

I really like PIC Simulator IDE from www.oshonsoft.com, I only mess with PICs a little, but it has helped me figure my coding out. It has a built in lcd, oscilloscope and microcontroller view and it can deal with assembly and basic compiling. The only thing I would like to see in it is a programmer support. It also supports many different PIC controllers also. The cost is $19.00 and was well worth it to me.

Good Luck

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back