Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Series Interrupt management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you must disable interrupts (Shouldn't need to) then you can disable individual interrupts with their flags. In your previous thread you asked why I did if(RCIF && RCIE) and this is exactly why I do that. If you turn of interrupts by clearing RCIE and the external interrupt is triggered by the PIR then the UART code can still be executed even though disabled.

Mike.

If you must disable interrupts (Shouldn't need to) then you can disable individual interrupts with their flags. In your previous thread you asked why I did if(RCIF && RCIE) and this is exactly why I do that. If you turn of interrupts by clearing RCIE and the external interrupt is triggered by the PIR then the UART code can still be executed even though disabled.

Mike.
I see, Thanks Mike. very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back