Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesam Kamalan

Hi,

I have JDM programmer. after i program my device(16F84A) and verifying, error appeared (Programming failed at address 0000h !). i did not tick CP fuse.
please help me.

Part of the programming process for a 16F84A is to erase the chip, so it can't 'not be erased' as you program it.

However, this error generally means that the PIC isn't getting switched to programming mode (so wouldn't get erased either), nor are you able to read it.

This is a well known problem on the JDM programmer, as it relies on an above spec serial port for it's operation - so fails with this error on many compouters, particularly laptops.

Hesam Kamalan said:
Hi,

I have JDM programmer. after i program my device(16F84A) and verifying, error appeared (Programming failed at address 0000h !). i did not tick CP fuse.
please help me.
hello hessam
in act the jdm programmers isnt a powerful programmer and usualy have bugs so if you want to have good and sure hatch you can try another programmer
you can call me on (tehran,iran)(021)77888154 or on hmakbarian@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back