Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic programming help!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamilackjm

when i program the pic16f84a with winpic800 it had been saw the error code, the error code is following,

ERROR -> Writing address 0x000000
Written : 0x1683 Read : 0x3FFF

what happen? what am i do????

Isn't the 0x.... only for hex? You are trying to put in binary instead.

Let me know if I'm wrong--I'm still trying to learn as well ;)

Der Strom

Last edited:
no i used it first time, but hardware is ok. read is ok. it recognize the pic ic .. erase is ok.... but when i write and verifying the hex file it saws that error file. but i contacted the manufacture ,. he says programmer had checked and its worked perfectly ,,, so what is the problem????

Do you have the code protection bit set in your configuration bits? If you do, and the programming software writes the configuration bits before flashing the program, it won't be able to read back the memory to verify it.

Try doing an erase of the PIC and then turn off the code protect bits in the configuration word and see if that helps.

I know when I use my PICKit 2 it writes the program first, then verifies, and only after that it writes the configuration word, so the protection isn't set until after verification.

First you need a true RS232 port, not a USB to serial adapter. Those JDMs were flaky 30yrs ago but on modern computers they are mostly awful. Might work on one PC but fail on another.

Do you have the code protection bit set in your configuration bits? If you do, and the programming software writes the configuration bits before flashing the program, it won't be able to read back the memory to verify it.

Try doing an erase of the PIC and then turn off the code protect bits in the configuration word and see if that helps.

I know when I use my PICKit 2 it writes the program first, then verifies, and only after that it writes the configuration word, so the protection isn't set until after verification.

what is the code protection bit and how am i turn off code protect bits in winpic800 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back