Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

javed

I have a question about the PIC programmer

there is written, that the PIC that is used is 16F83, 16C84 and 16F84. But those are not chip, can I use the programmer to program PIC 12C508 which is much chipper?? I am a beginner at this so I would not waste to much money for projects that dont work anyway

The 12c508 is a one time programmable chip, once it's programmed then it's in there for good, and if the program contains an error you'll have to throw the chip away and get a new one...

This turns the cheap pic into an expensive one rather quickly.
As a beginner, and for experimenting you really need a flash chip, these can be reprogrammed over and over again.

search for the pic16F628, it's a drop in replacement for the 16F84 but with more ram, rom , eeprom, and some more built in perephials... and its cheaper too.

programmer and software can be found on www.winpicprog.co.uk

I've found all components and built the circuit!!! But it I dont really understand the program, it can find my circuit if I'm using my laptop, but it cant if I am using my desktop comuter (I used cable, that may be the reason), my laptop writes that the circuit is found, then it writes that the uploading of the file is complete, and when I say Verify it says, error at 0000 expected 3000 found 3FFF what does that menans??? I was wondering if I dont have enogth power on the 12-14V pin I only have 11-12? Somebody help, please!!!

javed said:
error at 0000 expected 3000 found 3FFF what does that menans???

well, it means address 0 should contain 3000 but when read it contains 3FFF wich is incorrect.

Problem could be a failed write, a failed read or both ...

11 to 12V is defenately not enough, 14V would be a better bet.
And make sure it is a clean 14V, not one with ripples in it...

Hi,
it looks like the following link may answer the question regarding:
"Failed at 0000: Expecting 3000, found 3FFF."

**broken link removed**

on page 13 (DEBUGGING THE PROGRAMMER)

interestingly, this may also be the answer to the question posted by me (about a week back)! however the information beats me! if anyone can explain how this information can be used to get rid of the problem, it would be great!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back