Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhhmj23

Hello there,

I am looking for a PIC programmer which I can DIY from scratch and allows me to program the microcontroller in C language. I would prefer a programmer that can support the PIC18F family. So far, the programmers that I have found only allows me to program in hex form. Any recommendations from anyone?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
James

Oh dear, I'm afraid that I'm getting interested in a whole new type of project! LOL.

So I have no experiences with programmables (PIC means a programable IC right??). How much does it cost realisticly to get a good programmer and some circuits with potential future expandability adding on from nothing more than my boxes of capacitors, resistors, TTL logic chips and a breadboard?

Do I have to learn C again or is there some easier interface?

Well C is the language, but for cheap & cheerful I like Swordfish BASIC (the SE demo is free) As for good programmers... My Junebug kit isn't bad :)

yhhmj23 said:
Hello there,
I am looking for a PIC programmer which I can DIY from scratch and allows me to program the microcontroller in C language. I would prefer a programmer that can support the PIC18F family. So far, the programmers that I have found only allows me to program in hex form. Any recommendations from anyone?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
James
The Microchip PICkit2 support most of the PIC18Fs, PIC24Fs and PIC16s.
Hex is one of the most popular format, other format can be translate to Hex format.
If you are a DIY guy, here is a pdf document illustrating some step by step guide:
https://www.auelectronics.com/pdfs/Assemble_PICkit2.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back