Pic programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevene

This is such stupid question i wish i didnt have to ask.. but i bought a pic programmer a couple of years ago, and ive lost the software.. the company was Leading Edge Technology and they seem to have stopped trading. any idea of any programming software which works? and is the 16F628 backwards compatible with the 'F84A?
The programmer labelled on the back
"PICPROG
J.MORRISON"
If that is any help.

What type of cable is used to connect to PC, Serial or Paralel...?
And try Ic-Prog (link in my Sig).

What type of cable is used to connect to PC, Serial or Paralel...?
And try Ic-Prog (link in my Sig).
Ill try IC-Prog now, its a parallel centronics cable. Thanks a lot for the reply!

Do you have a circuit for it?, if so you can work out the settings required.

The 16F628 was the replacement for the 16F84 series, and is fully backwards compatible - the only changes required are extremely slight (such as disabling the comparators), and covered in the MicroChip migration document.

Dont have a schematic off hand, will try to read it off the PCB tomorrow, and if i can get the schematic, but cant work out what to do (more than likely with my lack of knowledge!) will post the schematic on here, much as i probably have no hope of people taking the time to read it! if that is the case ill probably have to build another programmer (or get Steve to do it-more likely!) from the schematic.
I cant find any documentation for the conquest programmer, (schematic from IC-Prog website) anybody happen to know off hand if this can program the 16F628 series PICs?
Thanks for the suggestions.

You can build you own programer.They can get realy simple.

All you need is to input the clock,to input/output data and switch Vpp and Vdd.

Its not realy complicated.

Still determined not to give up on my overpriced retail programmer though. Found an image, but being a double sided PCB, will take longer than i anticipated to trace

**broken link removed**

And is a blank PIC meant to read:
or:
3FFF

stevene said:
And is a blank PIC meant to read:
or:
3FFF

A blank PIC is just like an EPROM, all bits read HIGH, and programming sets bits LOW - so a 14 bit PIC should read 0x3FFF when blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…