Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekunga

Im going to get into programming a micro processor and Pic seems like a good place to start then move onto surface mount AVR's once my projects get a bit more advanced.

Has anyone got experience with using this board **broken link removed** it seems like a good entrance level board that will enable me to learn everything i need. Has LCD screen, 7 segment Display, leds and push buttons everything needed for testing.

The possibilities of micro's is huge, next thing i get is an 8 channel remote and go to town making a robot.

Ekunga said:
Im going to get into programming a micro processor and Pic seems like a good place to start then move onto surface mount AVR's once my projects get a bit more advanced.

I don't quite see why you would want to move to AVR's once you've got used to PIC's?. Top end PIC's are every bit as powerful as top end AVR's, and almost all PIC's are available in SM versions.

Has anyone got experience with using this board **broken link removed** it seems like a good entrance level board that will enable me to learn everything i need. Has LCD screen, 7 segment Display, leds and push buttons everything needed for testing.

The possibilities of micro's is huge, next thing i get is an 8 channel remote and go to town making a robot.

You might try my PIC tutorials?.

Hi, I don't know, but can you be mistaken ? well, AVR's don't acept the same code that pic's do remember that, perhaps you are not there yet :lol: stick to the pic's, you even have a good programmer to start and end too :lol: Nigel's one is very good as it has many fans here, and there too :D.
Stick to PIC, if you have doubts try seeing the new 18F4550, and remember that is very hard to use the max speed, but people seem to have some fixation for speed :lol: , well, the AVR's are good, but... i don't know... i have started with pic's too, they are easyer to program, neat assembler code, if you realy intend to use AVR's in the future then start with them now, pic's are not AVR's startups :lol: they are very diferent. Try both :lol:

Cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back