Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic programmer to fabricate my self

Status
Not open for further replies.

subrat nayak

can any one suggest me the circuit diagram for a PIC programmer such that i can fabricate it my self.it should work for --- PIC16F877 and PIC16F84 .moreover it should get connected to computer using USB or serial ports.also suggest the softwares to be used for the particular configuration.
plz reply soon
my mail id-- subrat_nasa@rediffmail.com

http://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=58268&mpage=1&key=&anchor#58975

That should get you started. This is a parallel port programmer, it is the easiest to start with and works great, though not exactly what you are looking for. Serial/USB programmers usually (every instance that I have seen) require a preprogrammed chip (usually a PIC) that interfaces to the PC, another words you have a chicken N egg problem. Unless you know someone or can get your hands on a programmer you'll need to start parallel.

4 posts down I list the software site...IC-PROG www.ic-prog.com.

About 9 & 10 posts down is a circuit diagram and circuit shot of the programmer and some more information. It is a very simple circuit and as you'll see is easily hand etched onto a PCB.[/url]

I have used the below programmer for close to two years now with no probs. I do know that some users have had probs with their PC not generating enough voltage to be able to use this programmer. Just check you RS232 voltages to be sure that you have about +/- 13V.

I have also started using the ICSP schematic for on-board programmer. Works great.

Programmer Schematic:
**broken link removed**

ICSP Schematic:
**broken link removed**

Good luck!

The perfect Pic Serial programmer No charge! All is there.

Go to this site and down load the Single sided PCB layout and it is all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back