Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Programmer, anyone use this..Pony Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonyx

Hi All,

I'm not an EE but can do a little soldering, schematic reading/drawing and make PCB's at home.

I want to program PIC's (Pic 16LF84A) with the hex code that is provided on several sites ,to use for controlling Nixie's (clock) and have come across this http://www.lancos.com/siprogsch.html. I have seen Nigel's site as well but am confused as to which programmer to use.

I have laid out the boad (in Eagle) from his schematic- "the base board and the PIC 12/16 adapter". But have not made them yet. Will this work for what I want to do or is there and "eaiser" programmer out there that will do the job?

TIA :)

Have a look at This very informative page. and look at the diagrams for the serial and parallel programmers.

Mike.
P.S. There is nothing wrong with Nigel's programmer, I just prefer serial.

Last edited:
florin

Great links- thanks. BTW would you know what launage that last link is in? I've tried Spanish and Italian and no go.

thanks again

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back