Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Prog DIY Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjg777

Hi
I'm a Tv Tech and have been using Pony Prog via paralell port on my PC but have upgraded to a laptop and now only have USB ports to play with
Does any body know of a DIY programmer and software that uses USB ? :?:

pjg777 said:
Hi
I'm a Tv Tech and have been using Pony Prog via paralell port on my PC but have upgraded to a laptop and now only have USB ports to play with
Does any body know of a DIY programmer and software that uses USB ? :?:
i donno abt DIY usb programmer .
but try with usb to parallel port converter.

A converter isn't likely to work well, if at all - but there are plenty of USB/serial PIC programmers about - but you need to program a PIC in the first place to build one. Assuming you still have your old programmer and PC you could use that to do it - check out LOAD'S of mentions of the ICD2 in these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back