Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic power consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtommer

hi there
when i calculate power consumption for a pic system, I would usually find out how much current I am sourcing out of the pins and multiply it with the DC power of 5V (say 3 LEDs with each 25mA which is max sourced out per pin)
my P would be 5 * 75mA

However, if I'm using the UART at a baud rate of 9600 , how do I calculate power consumption now?

Apart from that, how do I exactly calculate the power consumption by a crystal?

According to the 87X datasheet, the Power Dissipation is given by the attached picture. Is power dissipation=power consumption? I would think that the power dissipation is not the consumption but the losses involved.Am I right?

Attachments

• pd.png
    pd.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 205
Just stick a meter in the power lead and measure the consumption, that will be accurate and correct, trying to calculate it is basically just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back