Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC or PICAXE controller circuit for HV/Stungun circuitry

Status
Not open for further replies.

privacygeek

I am currently researching ways to control a 150kv to 750 kv stungun for on off control.
As my OMEGA STUN Warrior 150kv stunstick has just bitten the dust
(believe the tip 42 transistor primary and its 1n4001 reverse diode for protection against HV spikes in the secondary circuits has bought the farm.
had to bring out the dremal and fiberwheel cutter to liberate the electronics.)
I was testing a copper tape door wide and tall HV spark gap when it quit working when I was testing gap distances for a 1/3 door matrix. :(

but I dont believe that the potted HV section was damaged at all, however my 50kv Taser X26C refused to even try and power the same lattice work. :( only 50kv sigh..

as the primary oscillator circuits seem to be 18 volts I wonder if a IFR-530 MOSFET and 1n4007 snubber diode along with any 4500v optoisolator can be used to achieve control of this HV spark apparatus(after I replace the spiked tip42 and 1n4001) or to I need to take more extreme measures?
For the continued existance of the picAXE.. ie optoisolator consisting of 5 " of fiberoptics between phototransistor and LED in makeshift optoisolator and isolated battery supplies..(and putting PICAXE circuit(and battery)into a small metal BOX with only the fiber optic entering)

eventually want to do D/A to a HV amplifier and determine the final HV pulse waveform is the ultimate aim...

THIS is intended as a part of a TECHNO-ART Display piece for the next Maker Faire.

any thoughts
a privacygeek
suggestions and critiques welcome, flames >/dev/null

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back