Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC-NAND flash memory of s1mp3 (not SD or MMC !!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
loup-garou said:
hi,

are there any build-in functions suitable for my application ?

Well you've got the compiler, what do the instructions say?.

But as it's a completely obscure requirement, I would say it's VERY unlikely.

Assuming it's a normal addressed memory?, you need a LOT of I/O pins to feed it, but it's simple enough to do.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Well you've got the compiler, what do the instructions say?.

But as it's a completely obscure requirement, I would say it's VERY unlikely.

Assuming it's a normal addressed memory?, you need a LOT of I/O pins to feed it, but it's simple enough to do.

hi,

for exemple, how can I send a frame and synchronize 2 or 3 frames ( /WE, /RE and I/O in the case of read timing above) using the C langage ?

Nigel Goodwin said:
Don't do C, so I've no idea.

I used to say that, but so much of the really nice libraries are supplied in C. USB, Ethernet, anything for the 16bit or 32bit PICs
Thanks to 3V0 I've been learning C18 (my old brain cells are fighting learning a new thing)

Only real gripe is C was invented almost 60yrs ago and it feels like something designed for punch cards and UNIVAC.

thank you for your replays Nigel Goodwin & blueroomelectronics , ;)

I have a question, how can I send ,via PIC's output ports, hundreds of ns (nano seconds) timing frames (Attached Thumbnails in one of my lasts posts) ?

should I use timers and prescalers to get this short cycles or is it possible by another way ?

how will be the procedure in C code ?

Last edited:
loup-garou said:
thank you for your replays Nigel Goodwin & blueroomelectronics , ;)

I have a question, how can I send ,via PIC's output ports, hundreds of ns (nano seconds) timing frames (Attached Thumbnails in one of my lasts posts) ?

I don't see as you need any great accuracy for that timing, it's only giving minimum time requirements

should I use timers and prescalers to get this short cycles or is it possible by another way ?

It's not possible using timers, but if you're running at 20MHz a single NOP takes 200nS.

how will be the procedure in C code ?

It won't, C is probably too slow and clumsy for such short timings - with C you probably wouldn't need any delays at all - the code itself would delay enough.

It's an old Parallax app note on interfacing dynamic RAM with the ancient 16F54 using the obscure CVASM assembler (I used to love this assembler). Might give you some insight.

Attachments

• HWT12.PDF
    30.6 KB · Views: 414
Nigel Goodwin said:
I don't see as you need any great accuracy for that timing, it's only giving minimum time requirements.

good notice :D , there is no maximum impulse duration in the table below (there is only 700us fixed as maximum programming time- see first row).

with C you probably wouldn't need any delays at all - the code itself would delay enough.

can you explain me more this detail ?

Attachments

• timing.JPG
    timing.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 151
blueroomelectronics said:
It's an old Parallax app note on interfacing dynamic RAM with the ancient 16F54 using the obscure CVASM assembler (I used to love this assembler). Might give you some insight.

I'll take a look despite the fact that the code is in assembler :(

thank you. ;)

Rq: there is an important message before this one (bottom of page 2)

Last edited:
Nigel Goodwin said:
The nS delays are all less than a single assembler NOP, any C instructions are going to be longer than that - so there's no problem about exceeding the minimum times.

humm, the Assembler is so convenient when we want to optimize.

but it's not my case (there is no maximum time to excced-as shown in the table), and the PIC i'm using (18F4525) is made for C codes . :D

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back