PIC MICROCONTROLLER

Status
Not open for further replies.
AM LOOKING FOR A PIC MICROCONTROLLER DULY PROGRAMMED WITH 45 DIFFERENT TONES (ALARMS/SIREN) FOR MY PROJECT. ALONG WITH THE REQUIRED HEX FILE AND ASSEMBLY FILES. IS IT READILY AVAILABLE
CAN ANY BODY HELP

What you want may not be out there,,, You'll need to grab some code and fill in the blanks..

There's an old program for playing RTTTL ringtones, here's a version I ported to a 12F1840:

I'm not very sure about the timing accuracy, as the internal osc can't be set to the same as the original - but it sounds pretty decent. It would be easy to add multiple selectable tunes, rather than the one it uses.

There were special chips like the SN76488N but they were difficult to set up because documentation was poor. Generally, the instructions had capacitors that were too small so the one-shot was too short and was retriggered before the sound clip finished a full frame.
You can hear the crappy sound from a setup that followed the schematic...

Holtek had (has) chips with a handful of sounds (HT2884) but not 45 of YOUR preselected sounds.
You may have some luck with an old AY-8910 or AY-8913 where you can build your own. Last option would be to use an MP3 player (or raspberry pi to play 45 sound files stored on a microSD card.

Last option would be to use an MP3 player (or raspberry pi to play 45 sound files stored on a microSD card.

No need for a PI or anything complex, you can get tiny MP3 modules that play from a microSD card, simply controlled by a serial interface - so a small PIC or AVR is all you need. They even have speaker outputs, and a few button inputs so they are controllable on their own as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…