Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC microcontroller with analog comparator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loup-garou

everybody hi,

I need a reference of a PIC microcontroller (at least having 16 I/O) with a built-in analog comparator, any idea ?

I alredy have a 16F628A, but the number of it's I/O isn't sufficient (13 I/O while I need 16 I/O)

thanks in advance.

by the way, I read the comparator section of the 16F628 datasheet, but I did not find if we have the possibility to disable the output pin of the comparator CMP1 or CMP2 (depending on which one we are using) for using it as an independent I/O and in the same time we can still use the comparator (its output is a value in the register that we can just read),.....what do you think ?

Last edited:
the new pic16F882 or the older pic16F673a
These chips have both analog comperators and analog to digital converters inside.

CMCON register.
See page 63 and 64 of the datasheet.
And to keep the output of the com. inside an use the pins for something else CM2:CM0 = 100

hi guys,

thank you again,

I have chosen this configuration CM2:CM0 = 101 because I just need one comparator without its external output.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back