Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Microcontroller to TSW 434 interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

eppemon

I am currently doing a project based on temperature sensors using PIC16F877A. The A/D converted values of temperature has to be sent to a reciver RSW 434. I want to know whether there is a delay in transmitting data after encoding. If the encoder HT640has some delay in transmission, how can it be overcomed? I have to send ADRESH(8 bit value) first, and then ADRESL(2 bit value), next. We are not recieving the correct values in the reciever.

We are doing the code in Assembly.

Can anyone please help me? We urgently need a help.

You don't want to use an HT640, it's not really an encoder, it's a remote control chip and unsuitable for this use.

If you want hardware data encoders RF Solutions sell them for use with radio modules (RF600 if I recall correctly?), or if you check my PIC tutorials I show how to do the encoding/decoding in software.

But I have to send an 8bit data followed by a 2 bit data to RSW434. The 8 and 10 bits of data are coming from PIC16F877A USART Module. I have to decode this data and send it to RSW434. For this purpose am using TSW434. The bulit in encoder HT640 inside this module is encoding the serial data from USART of pic. Am getting this data in the reciever with some distortions and delays.

What may be the reason? Did u get me?

Last edited:
But I have to send an 8bit data followed by a 2 bit data to RSW434. The 8 and 10 bits of data are coming from PIC16F877A USART Module. I have to decode this data and send it to RSW434. For this purpose am using TSW434. The bulit in encoder HT640 inside this module is encoding the serial data from USART of pic. Am getting this data in the reciever with some distortions and delays.

What may be the reason? Did u get me?

Like I said, the HT640 isn't a data encoder, it's for simple remote control application that's all - not intended for use with processors at all. You can do it entirely in the 16F877 in software, or use the RF600 chips I mentioned.

Is this the site that you are referring to? So i have to see the tutorials for that?

Last edited:
Ok. thank You! I am going through your site. I've One more doubt.

Can you go through the following link and see the data sheet of ht640 decoder?

HT640 Datasheet pdf - 3(18) Series of Encoders - Holtek Semiconductor

In this, what is the use of the address pins in the IC? We are only encoding some data. Right? Then what do these address lines do?

It's a remote control system, such as for a TV - you have a 'control' section and a 'device' section - so you can use different devices in the same room. So the address is the device setting (say 0000001 for a TV), the receiver part (in the TV) looks for this address, and only them accepts the actual control setting. So on the same theme, a VCR might have an address of 0000002 so you can use both devices in the same room.

Oh! Yea! That's it! I was totally confuse with this data pins. Thank you. Let me nowgo on with the RF600T now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back