Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Microcontroller PIC16F877 help - NEWBIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezurrekta

I'm a Senior at the University of Buffalo. This is our last project.

**broken link removed**

Our professor has allowed us to pay a programmer if we can find one to program our PIC, because we have never ever used one before.

So basically, just curious to know if there is anyone out there willing to help us out or if there are any sites that have pic programmers.

We have funding from Niagara Mohawk, and are willing to pay for the services.

Thank you!

redlexus78@yahoo.com

rezurrekta said:
Our professor has allowed us to pay a programmer if we can find one to program our PIC
:shock: Are you sure about that? Isn't the point of the project to, ahem, actually make your project?

Back when I was a first year student at my university I was reading through some of the senior design projects on display, and in the list of funds, there was a listing for PIC programmer for like $300. My first impression was that they actually hired someone to crank out some code for the PIC, and they paid the dude $300. Then I got into the microproc lab and discovered that the device, the little piece of hardware, was referred to as a PIC programmer. That is what was on the list of materials.

Are you sure your prof didn't say something like "Yes you can pay for a PIC programmer" and you translated it to "Yes you can hire a codemonkey" ? Perhaps a trip to his/her office for clarification would be a good idea.

bonxer said:
rezurrekta said:
Our professor has allowed us to pay a programmer if we can find one to program our PIC
:shock: Are you sure about that? Isn't the point of the project to, ahem, actually make your project?

Back when I was a first year student at my university I was reading through some of the senior design projects on display, and in the list of funds, there was a listing for PIC programmer for like $300. My first impression was that they actually hired someone to crank out some code for the PIC, and they paid the dude $300. Then I got into the microproc lab and discovered that the device, the little piece of hardware, was referred to as a PIC programmer. That is what was on the list of materials.

Are you sure your prof didn't say something like "Yes you can pay for a PIC programmer" and you translated it to "Yes you can hire a codemonkey" ? Perhaps a trip to his/her office for clarification would be a good idea.

Not at all. I am 110% positive that he allowed us to pay a PIC Programmer. He mentioned this in class 3 weeks ago, and last week I asked him in CLASS if we could hire someone to program code for PIC, and he said "yes" and stated the same thing as he did last time.

So what all do you need a program to do?

bonxer said:
So what all do you need a program to do?

The program needs to do this:

https://www.remdreamer.com/om.htm

This is the operation manual of what our PIC controller of how our PIC Chip is supposed to be program. Basically its psuedocode, but we have never programmed a PIC Chip.

I know how to program in Assembly, Java, C, Unix, C++, but this is very new to me, and we don't have much time left. We were going to program ourselves to learn, but since the professor made it alright for us to find a programmer, we are pinched for time now. We are going to do the Hardware design layout and all that good stuff. We just need the PIC programmed the way it should be.

Anymore questions, get back :)

that wodnt be complicated to do.

if you know your ass around C why dont you porogram it in C? (as for me i dont know a slitest thing about C)

Heres an compiler:
**broken link removed**

But you still need to learn some stuff to use it.

Meaby i cod be that "codemokey" and program it for you in Basic (for a litle somting you give me-meaby an PIC).

btw:
Do you have an programer to load the code on to the PIC?

A Lucid dream inducer - very very interesting. I've had a lucid dream a couple of times when I was younger, but I've not had one for years and YEARS now. I'm not really in touch with my dreams like I used to be - I rarely remember my dreams at all let alone being able to control them.

Does it work? ;-)

Brian

I think its an scam to sell some crap that it probobly is but for an school project it wod be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back