Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Micro Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

philc

:?: I am keen on learning pic uC's, but the closes have gotten to embedded developement is working with smart cards. I have downloaded some schematics for PIC programmers but I still need to write some code get something to work.

I know the basics of electronics learned at college a few years back and know the C language.

Can some one help me get started? Perhaps give me a few hints?

Hey there!

First of all, go take a look @ Nigel's tutorials - these guide you through the very basics of ASM.

As for a programmer, visit www.pcbideas.com - the programmer sold is a tiny PCB which you can either solder your self or get it soldered when your order it!

If you need any more info, just ask ;)

If you are comfortable with assembly language programming, then you can refer datasheets of pic controllers that you would like to use.
You can pay a visit to microchip.com, they have a lot of datasheets,application notes in offer. You can also download the assembler for free from this site and get started with programming. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back