Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic kit 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Hello,

I am a total noob at PIC's. I want to invest into PIC KIT 3. I want to know if it's compatible with PIC16F84A (thats the crap we use in my school).

Thanks

Yes it does. So does the Pickit2 but strangely the PK2 only supports the 16F84A from the standalone PK2 application and not from within MPLAB 8.30

Thank you!

Frosty_47

I want to invest into PIC KIT 3.

If you look around this forum a bit more you will see that most still think the Pickit2 with its much lower price is still the far better buy.

Its natural to assume the '3' is better than the '2', but for the average diyer, in general terms, this is not really the case here - the '2' is still being marketed by Microchip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back