Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic kit 2 demo board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure why wouldn't it be ? Just pick the pic you want bring out the ICSP pins to preogram and put some leds on PORTB 8 would be nice and a pot on AN0. That would make a nice starter board.
Plus bring the IO out to a header use 560 ohm on the leds that way you could still use PORTB with a LCD from the header.

Here is mine:
PIC Development Board 2.jpg

The thing is wired up "rats nest" style on the underside of the board.
The backplate is connected to the 0v supply lines to provide the basis of a ground plane.

JimB

mine is quite tedious to build........
g2pic pro.jpg
kits accessories.JPG

behind the board is covered with plastic glass which prevent the connections from been altered. Ive used it for 2years and it still works fine

You need to remember to install AND run with admin rights.... or the INI files cannot be updated...( this is the case in W7 so W8 should be similar..
I had done the same but not detecting demo board in mplab x, is it necessasry to give supply to board separately

Not recognizing the device is an error I had with PK3 and the 12F683. The conditions which cause it to occur are apparently quite sporadic and not well defined. The solution is simple, set the PK3 voltage at 4.75 instead of 5.0 (I have not read of any problems with 3.3 V). After making that change, the problem disappeared. This was addressed on the Microchip forum.

It may not solve this problem, but it is worth a try.

John

I had done the same but not detecting demo board in mplab x, is it necessasry to give supply to board separately

I use a DM164120-4 Demo Board from Microchip. I need to power the board or MPLAB doesn't know its there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back