Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Home Alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Garstman

This question is split off from the following thread:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/16f877a-john-becker-home-alarm.130611/

Hi All,
I'm new here and i builded the alarm oke it is a old design bur it looks nice.
All works i have only the problem that the buzzer not stops when alarm is on and entry time is passed>
Can anyone help me on a workingHEX file?
I,m a newbe in the PIC world but i have a programmer that works.

I hope it thanks for reply

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Leo, welcome to ETO!

You should have started your own thread to ask this question. Hijacking others' threads is not allowed here. I have moved your question to its own thread.

Please carry on the conversation here.

Regards,
Matt

This question is split off from the following thread:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/16f877a-john-becker-home-alarm.130611/

Hi All,
I'm new here and i builded the alarm oke it is a old design bur it looks nice.
All works i have only the problem that the buzzer not stops when alarm is on and entry time is passed>
Can anyone help me on a workingHEX file?
I,m a newbe in the PIC world but i have a programmer that works.

I hope it thanks for reply

Leo
You are going to need the source code not the hex file for this, the hex file is kind of fixed (ok it isnt but pretend it is ), can you give more details and pics of the clock please, the more info= the more help :D hi and welcome.

It looks like there have been some updates to the firmware since the original article in April 2002 Here is a link to one version of the firmware which contains a source file.

ftp://ftp.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/pub/PICS/PICalarm/

Inserting this as a link does not seem to work. It leaves out the : after ftp at the beginning of the URL You will have to copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser
Les.

Last edited:
I read just now the txt from Ghostman sorry , my eyes are very bad .
I have uplodaded the two files i have in this msg .

Attachments

• alarm415.asm
    67.2 KB · Views: 253
  • alarm415.hex
    10.5 KB · Views: 239
When you say "i can't program at all" do you mean that you do not have the hardware / software to program a .hex file into the PIC ? Or do you mean that you cannot program in PIC assembler. ( So you do not know how to look in the code to see where pin 8 of the PIC (RE0) is set high or low) If the fault is in the firmware it seems unlikely that no one else has noticed such an error and reported it so it could be fixed in such a long time. Are you sure that there are no solder splashes shorting tracks on the board. One possible place there could be a short is where the track goes between pins 7 and 8 of the PIC. If it was shorting to pin 8 it would cause this fault.

Les.

The buzzer is on pin 8 of the micro. Remove the buzzer and put a LED and 330R in its place. Take the other end of the LED to 0v.
Is the LED illuminated?

Hi Colin,
From the schematic there is already an LED (D10) on the board as an indicator. It connect between ground and pin 8 (RE0) of the pic via a 470R resistor. The buzzer is driven by a TIP120 darlington transistor who's base is driven from RE0 via a 10K resistor. It is possible that the transistor could have failed colector emitter short circuit which would drive th e buzzer all the time. If this was the case then D10 should still go on and off.

Les.

I have converted the alarm415.asm to alarm415c.asm that can be assembled with MPLAB or Oshonsoft
Quote from previous thread.

hi Leo,
Ref your PM.
I did find alarm415d.asm, so I have re-assembled using Oshonsoft and it created alarm415d.hex, both attached, hope it helps.
The xtal is 3.2768Mhz
Eric

Attachments

• alarm415d.asm
    52.3 KB · Views: 280
  • alarm415d.hex
    10.5 KB · Views: 241
I've just had a quick look at the source listing. There are many places in the code where PORTE,0 is cleared. It is cleared at power on so at least the buzzer should be off then. I think it is more likely to be a hardwre fault than a firmware fault.

Les.

Thank you so much everyone.

I send this Hex file to the Pic and the buzzer stays still on after alarm is set so i check tomorrow the hardware again.
Now the other outputs working fine and in the first software not so a think the set this off.
And Les, i know how to get a HEX file intoa pic but i cant's program the software by my self thats what i mean.
I hear you say why you build it , because i love electronics diy :)

Sorry I read from your post you had the Hex code, I didnt realize you had access to the source code. The source code means you can change what you like, sorry for the confusion

I'm a hobbyist, i like this project very much,but i have a problem to make hardware part. sir cant find 3.2768 MHz crystal in my region.can modified codes(whitch part of asm file) for 4/8/10/Mhz crystal?pls i like and want to make this help me to solve this problem...can u send me a all codes files..i want and still learning pic programming.(still 0 but i try)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back