Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC graphics application - project considerations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

en2oh

Hi guys,

I have a serial digitizer (electromagnetic) with a PIC based program source that links to a graphics display driven by another PIC processor.

The Processors are 16F628 with a 20mhz XTAL for timing.
The logic is as follows:

1. when the digitizer is activated, it sends a stream of "204", to the receiver to report its presence

2. It expects the pad to send a 5 byte package beginning with 176, 204 or 241

3. When a package starts with these values, it keeps it in memory as 5 variables:
Presence (176, 240 or 241). SubCol, NumCol, SubLig, NumLig

4. if the data is stable, it calculates the position x and y of the digitizer pen on the pad as
x=((((NumCol*128)+SubCol)/4)-37). and if x>128, then X=128
y=((((NumbLig*128)+SubCol)/5)-10).

5. It transmits the results to the FM transmitter in 3 bytes:
204(hook byte for the receiver), X,Y.
or 176(byte that indicates the pen has stopped writing), X,Y.

6. Then it permanently circles back to the operations 2,3,4 and 5 at a rate of 20mHz

The display that this links to is not readily available and is, in fact an outdated 128x64 display. Is it possible to use the information from the source code to use a different "smart" LCD display with a modern on, board graphics processor?

Alternatively, is the information available in the source code sufficient to allow already existing graphics code to be used on a PIC or Android based platform?

Anyone interested in working on this? I have little knowledge in programming. I am trying to get a serial tablet digitizer to display to a remote (and wireless) graphics display ideally 320x240 or about that size.

Thanks guys,
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back