Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC for beginning dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slickit

I am sure there is already a post just like this but after reading 77 posts in the search i didn't find much. So i am asking for myself, is there any tutorial to inform me about PIC's? I always see lots of little circuits to help for PIC's but i have just gotten a little soldering kit for a LCD screen and it uses what i believe would be a PIC, considering the part number on it is PICI6C505 -20/p made by Microchip, It does some Very interesting thing that i would like to imitate and replicate just on different scales, like BIGGER and BACKLIT. But anyway anything that y'all have i would love it if it was in PDF but then again beggers surely cant be choosers.

Thanks for any help ≈

Check Nigel's tutorials... it show you how to do stuff, from very basic ones to some more complex ones:

You will need programmer, a very good kit I can recommend is:
It is USB programmer that is PICKIT2 compatible (firmware updated / supported by Microchip) and it comes with a tutor/experimenter. It also have great support :)

You can get PICKIT2 directly from Microchip Technology Inc. - a Leading Provider of Microcontroller and Analog Semiconductors but it comes without tutor/experimenter

You can also read a bit about PIC microcontrollers:
The PIC Microcontroller: Your Personal Introductory Course, Third Edition free download - free download online.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Nigel tutorial is free, you can also get winpicprog (programmer software) from his site: and you can also find on that page link to some very easy to make programmers (that do not offer debugging, usb etc like junebug or pickit2 but that can programm most PIC uC's) ..

some programmers:
**broken link removed**
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/02/p16pro40.pdf
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Parallel Port PIC Programmer (this is the first PIC programmer I ever used)

So, you can make one yourself (none of these has debugging capabilities), you can order some from microchip (pickit2, pickit3), you can order from blueroomelectronics ( ) ...

read the book The PIC Microcontroller: Your Personal Introductory Course it is free to download and it is great for beginning working with pic.

Last edited:
arhi, I am sure you meant Junebug in your first post when you wrote Inchworm+ :)

Check Nigel's tutorials... it show you how to do stuff, from very basic ones to some more complex ones:

You will need programmer, a very good kit I can recommend is:
It is USB programmer that is PICKIT2 compatible (firmware updated / supported by Microchip) and it comes with a tutor/experimenter. It also have great support :)

You can get PICKIT2 directly from Microchip Technology Inc. - a Leading Provider of Microcontroller and Analog Semiconductors but it comes without tutor/experimenter

You can also read a bit about PIC microcontrollers:
The PIC Microcontroller: Your Personal Introductory Course, Third Edition free download - free download online.
**broken link removed**

Are you sure that we have permission to link to that site? Are the author(s) allowing free downloads?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back