Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic demo board

Status
Not open for further replies.

josi

Hi! i'm new with the pic micro and i'm able to light led's and read inputs! ( pic 16f84 using assembler). problem is i want to program the PIC 16f877 using MPLAB or PICC (still in assembler) and i don't know how to start! can anybody help me with source code! (jus to turn on led's and i'll take it from there). oh by the way! i have a PICDEM 2 plus (microchip demo board), i need help on how to connect it to the pc using RS232 or USB. thanx

hi,
As recommended Nigel's tutorials

If you examine the Microchip folder on your hard drive, as this folder address.

C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\Template\Code

You will find that microchip have produced 'template' assembler files for the PIC's

Make a copy of this template 16F877 and place it in your working folder.
Add it to MPLAB, using the Project/Wizard and this will form the starting point for your 877 development.

I didnt even notice this... thanks!

ericgibbs said:
hi,
As recommended Nigel's tutorials

If you examine the Microchip folder on your hard drive, as this folder address.

C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\Template\Code

You will find that microchip have produced 'template' assembler files for the PIC's

Make a copy of this template 16F877 and place it in your working folder.
Add it to MPLAB, using the Project/Wizard and this will form the starting point for your 877 development.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Isn't that just a demo board, and not a programmer? - you need a programmer.
i hav an ICD 2 which i can use as a progammer! please check microchip web site for PICDEM 2 PLUS, u'll c what i'm talking about.

picdem2 board connects to the computer using something like the ICD2 via 6pin RJ45 connector

Norlin said:
picdem2 board connects to the computer using something like the ICD2 via 6pin RJ45 connector
i'v already connected it to the pc using usb! but MPLAB is not connecting with it! i'm getting an error while trying to connect MPLAB and the board using ICD2.

Sorry i hav to leave now! i'll comeback on monday! thanx to everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back