Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC controller for stirling engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

saad36

Hello, I'm a newbie here and am working on builing a Stirling engine for my university project. I was wondering if anyone has any previous experience on what should I be looking for. I need to program a pic controller to control the valves based on the piston positions which will require me to use position sensors. also i need to control the temperature and rpm of the system. And create a log of all the readings for as long as the system runs for later analysis.

Any idea on what would be the ideal PIC for this purpose? Any comments/ideas/recommendations would be really appreciated.

There are no valves in a Stirling engine. It is a closed system with simple timing for the main cylinder and minor cylinder.

thanks colin55. i'm sorry for the confusion. I forgot to mention that the engine we are trying to make is based on the idea of stirling, its not entirely a stirling engine. We have changed the design of it quite a bit.

If you want to detect a particular instant in the cycle, use a Hall effect device and pick up the flux from a small magnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back