Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic configuration information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardoco

hi all,
ive got this programmer that supports chips to 28pin 300mil and ive made an extension board to support chips to 40pin 600mil the problem is my programmer has a configuration window and the help file says the information can be found in the data sheets to update the supported chip types the problem is i think the information is in a format that is not the same as the information in the data sheet, could someone take a look at this screen shot and tell me what they think is going on??

Attachments

• programmer.gif
    programmer.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 664
Ricardoco said:
hi all,
ive got this programmer that supports chips to 28pin 300mil and ive made an extension board to support chips to 40pin 600mil the problem is my programmer has a configuration window and the help file says the information can be found in the data sheets to update the supported chip types the problem is i think the information is in a format that is not the same as the information in the data sheet, could someone take a look at this screen shot and tell me what they think is going on??

You might be better looking at the programming datasheet for the PIC you are trying to add - what PIC is it by the way?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
"You might be better looking at the programming datasheet for the PIC you are trying to add - what PIC is it by the way?."

i got my free samples from microchip and these include:
16F877A
16F876A
16F874A
16F747
16F872

the 876A is the one i was refering to.

Ricardoco said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
"You might be better looking at the programming datasheet for the PIC you are trying to add - what PIC is it by the way?."

i got my free samples from microchip and these include:
16F877A
16F876A
16F874A
16F747
16F872

the 876A is the one i was refering to.

There might be problems with adding the new FLASH chips (like the 876A), they use a different programming algorithym to the EEPROM chips.

Have you approached the authors of the software?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
There might be problems with adding the new FLASH chips (like the 876A), they use a different programming algorithym to the EEPROM chips.

the chip is in the list but the help file says it may not all be accurate and for a newbe like me the configuration stuf is hard going the software is the RE Pic programmer it is provided with my board so i assumed it would be supported..... all i want is a serial programmer that see's my programmer and supports the largest amount of chips...(any ideas???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back