Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Comparator Voltage Reference OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

col_implant

Hi,

I'm hoping to use the PIC18F Comparator Voltage Reference CVref output to RA2 to provide the reference voltage for an op-amp level shifter, inverting with a variable gain.

According to the data sheet a buffer is advised on the output of CVref to deliver any signifiant current, obviously the current drawn by the amp V+ i/p will be tiny. Still this buffer requirement makes me nervous

My question is: Is there an output voltage buffer that will isolate the resistor string inside the PIC from my op-amp circuit?

My worry is that if there is no such buffer then the gain in the V- loop will have an effect on the reference voltage (ie difference amplifier type operation) as if a resistor divider was connected to the V+. MAybe I'm being over paranoid but better to be safe than sorry i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back