Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Circuit Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

srpott40

I have recently finshed programming a PIC16F84A, which is working perfectly on a PIC Test board, however I have tried to make a PIC Board of my own and can not get the PIC to work. I have port A set as inputs and Port B as outputs (wired up), And pins 14 to + v's and pin 5 to ground what else do I need to connect, and do i need an external clock, (I have the clock setting set to XT)

If you want the PIC to work like it does on a PIC test board then you need to make your board the same as the test board.

Watch the reset pin!

You need to look up "XT" and see what it means. OR You could rip out the clock on the PIC test board and see what happens.

A crystal only has two pins, if you have three then it is probably a ceramic resonator. I would start by reading the datasheet for your PIC and your oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back