Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielsmusic

i got a pic programmer with a pic chip (pic16f627)
what can i do with this chip?
how can i do it.

thanks.

whatever you want to do with it... leave the chip upside down in the bathroom and watch err...listen for a scream when some one walks bare foot on it. Those pins are lead free i think so they should be safe... :twisted:

PICs are pretty universal, so that 16F627 can be used for various things...
16I/O Pins give you a chance to experiment.

thanks! iv never used pic chips before, i have a pic programer.
what sort of data do i send to it to program it.
it was from maplin if you need any info on it it is on there site(www.maplin.co.uk) just search pic chip programmer

thanks again.

danielsmusic said:
thanks! iv never used pic chips before, i have a pic programer.
what sort of data do i send to it to program it.

You write a program, assemble (or compile it), then program the resulting HEX in to the PIC. I suggest you try reading the 'sticky' in the Microcontroller forum, or check my tutorials.

it was from maplin if you need any info on it it is on there site(www.maplin.co.uk) just search pic chip programmer

The Maplin programmer is pretty crap, they basically stole the original David Tait design, which they were free to do! - but by that time the enhanced Tait designs had long replaced the original fairly poor design (David isn't a hardware designer, and his original design was pretty horrible!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back