Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Chip Volume controll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I am building an Amp with 6 LM1875T amp ics. However i need to controll the volume with a PIC chip. I was thinking about pwm but i was wondering how to do that. Any help would be benificial.

I looked at volumite but is that just to sent the control signals to the volume chip. i looked at this ic and it looked like what i wanted. hovever i have never tried soldering tiny smd parts and i heard its very hard.

I looked at volumite but is that just to sent the control signals to the volume chip. i looked at this ic and it looked like what i wanted. hovever i have never tried soldering tiny smd parts and i heard its very hard.

As I said, there are many options, but most are likely to be surface mount these days, particularly for multichannel chips.

I worked in the audio industry (for Cirrus even). The CS3318 is the chip you want, if you want one chip to do everything. It is a good part. Surface mount soldering isn't too bad, just watch some of the tutorials on youtube before you try.

TI has some similar parts but they are either stereo or 4 channels only. You can get the stereo versions in DIP. They will also send you free samples. So, you can use one PIC and three stereo versions and keep everything in DIP form factor.

Audio Amplifiers - Volume Controls - PGA2311 - TI.com

I just read the datasheet here and if you go to page 43 you will find the dimensions. i just looked and it said 9.0 bsc and the pin spacing is 0.6mm in length or am i not reading that right. is it me or is to small to solder epecially for me who has never soldered an smd part in my life. will i need to use paste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back