Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic and motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnD3aD

Is this scheme enough to not burn my pic? i need a simple controller for a small motor

Attachments

• motor_control_680.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,403
UnD3aD said:
Is this scheme enough to not burn my pic? i need a simple controller for a small motor

No, that wouldn't work - and would probably blow the PIC (and the transistor). You should use an NPN transistor with the motor in the positive supply to the collector - check my tutorials under 'hardware Extras' for examples.

Nigel Goodwin said:
UnD3aD said:

No, that wouldn't work - and would probably blow the PIC (and the transistor). You should use an NPN transistor with the motor in the positive supply to the collector - check my tutorials under 'hardware Extras' for examples.
Yes, that 9 volts IS a problem... didn't notice that.

Heres what to corect:
-A resistor betwen the PIC and the base(1K-10K)
-Motor above the thasistor
-NPN trasistor

tnx for the replays guys... the next one is ok? The diode is fine?
and one more question:
can i create PWM in the software? coz i have ony one PWM channel and i need to control 2 motors.. and what difference is between the PIC PWM and the one that i create in the soft? the acuracy?

Attachments

• motor_control_116.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,277
No, the resistor has to be in the BASE of the transistor (and the schematic symbol does not belong to NPN, but to PNP). The rest is ok.
And yes, you can create additional PWMs in software. Software PWM is generaly slower and requires more resources.

i have a problem now... i made the circuit and it's not working... the motor is spinning only if i help it in the beginning and i spin it a few times.. then the motor is working... but the transistor goes very hot.. i use a 9v battery at 1 Ampere (regulated at 5v with 7805), pic 16f628a, bc547 NPN transistor (60v , 0.2A), 4148 diode, a small motor, 700 ohms resistor

UnD3aD said:

That looks fine, although I'm a little puzzled about the strange value of 700 ohms?.

You should also try posting your diagrams in a better format, JPG is fine for photos, but useless at diagrams - if you post it as a GIF it will be far smaller, and not lose any quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back