Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F4550 based project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgboy

I have been experimenting on a small scale with the 18f series of pics for a while now. I understand how to do basic things, like adc, working with leds, but am now working on a much more advanced project. I, like several other members, am designing an instrument panel for my car. I have most of the details hammered out so far, the fuel and temperature sensors are just variable resistors, my speed sensor puts out 5 volt square wave signals, and my tachometer runs off of the ignition coil. For starters, I purchased a crystalfontz glcd, 128x64 which uses a toshiba t6963c controller. On this display, I plan on displaying three different parameters, all of which are simple a/d conversions, using an 18f4550 pic. For the graphics to be displayed, I drew a black and white bitmap 128x64 pixels wide in ms paint. I would like to display all of the data as bargraphs. Will I need to store a bitmap for each and every possible screen configuration, or is it possible to use a "background" image and animate only the bars? I have never used a glcd before (i have used basic character lcds though), and so I am unsure on how to perform simple animations on one. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I would prefer examples in c code (mikroc or c18 ppreffered)

I messed with a glcd - I remember it had a "draw rectangle" command, so this should be easy. Draw the background image, then use a series of "draw rectangle" commands for the bargraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back