Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F4550 and the evil USB api

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hi all,
i'm trying to make heads and tails out of the CDC most simple example that comes in the Microchip USB framework, i'm able to compile and to program with my ICD2, yet my cheerfull windows xp says that the device is unknown...
When i try to set the microchip driver so that it works it doesn't accepts... i'm guessing that the device isn't even sending the endpoint information...

I'm new to USB firmware stuff, what i wish most is someone that allready has made an easy program to share it with me.
The microchip examples are full with #defines to apply different configurations, possibly to add some compatibility to their dev. boards...
I'm not using one though, my dev. board is an breedboard with the minimum possible, the ideia is to exchange some data with the pc, i'm not using any leds or switchs.

I'm using C18, i'm a computer software programmer, i'm used to c and c++, but not that much with asm...

Any help is welcome :)

Thank you all!

Have a look at the examples on **broken link removed**. They are contained in one file and are much easier to follow than the Microchip spaghetti. You'll also find some useful discussion here.

Mike.

Have a look at the examples on **broken link removed**. They are contained in one file and are much easier to follow than the Microchip spaghetti. You'll also find some useful discussion here.

Mike.

Thanks a lot Mike!
I'm downloading all the stuff in the first page to see it all later... i haven't got internet at home lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back