Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F4431 Power PWM , i am lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_imum2000

i am playing around with these 40pin pics .
i am trying to control three 12v DC motors (not steppers , not servo) over h-bridge, with no feedback.
the 18F4431 has power pwm module that comes build in to provide up to 8 channels in complemntry mode
however i read the datasheet on the power pwm module and cant understand how to work with this module easly.
i downloaded several application notes, but most of them are reffering to ccp pwm .
i will appricate any help or any step by step instruction on how to do that

thank you

Here is a code snippet to initialize the PWM module. It is not yet been tested since I had set that project aside for now. I hope it helps you get started.

You define the value of PTPER_VAL to set the PWM frequency. See table 17-2 of the PIC18F4431 datasheet for the suggested values.

Code:
;-----------------------------------------------------------
;   Init PWM module
;
         MOVLW    1<<PTMOD1       ; 1:1 prescale,1:1 postscale, up/down
         MOVWF    PTCON0
;
         MOVLW    1<<PWMEN2|1<<PWMEN1|1<<PMOD1|1<<PMOD0
         MOVWF    PWMCON0
;
         MOVLW    0               ; 1:1 Postscale
         MOVWF    PWMCON1