Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic 18F Adcon2

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard.c

Hi,

Have not been able to grasp all the detail of the Adcon2 statement despite much searching and reading, including an ET topic last month - hope someone could help please.

I'm using the 18F2520/4520 chips with an internal osc at 4meg.
The Adc inputs are direct ntc and amplified signal inputs to ra0 and ra1.

For the ADCS Clock conversion bits 0-2, I can see that these should be set to Fosc/4 = 100

I can see that the ACQT Acquisition time bits need to be set to a specific value, but what ?

Should it be something like if Tad needs to be at least 2.4us, then the ACQT number of Tads is the number of tads times the ADCS frequency to give 2.4us ?

thanks

Richard

The acquisition time depends on the external circuit. If you're unsure, just set it to 20 Tad. When it's all working reduce it whilst it stays consistent. At 20 Tad it is still only 14uS.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back