Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16f886 @ 3V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi,
I want to make a button cell driven PIC circuit and I'd like to design around 3V limitation.

Are there any tips for working with this type of battery operated circuit?

I know that going for lowest speed operation is economical on power.

thx

Use the low power sleep mode to reduce power consumption if possible and wake the processor up only when it needs to do something; this will give you the very lowest consumption & the oscillator speed is not such a factor in this case. You could also use the WDT (uses a few uA) to wake up the device periodically if desired.

Alternately, if you don't want to use sleep, you can run delays and wait loops at 31kHz and increase the oscillator speed otherwise. This uses considerably more power than either of the above.

check out the "tips and tricks" note/bullitens on microchips site, there are 2 of them that i know of, and it has a chapter on powersaving that may interest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back