Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic 16f877A MCLR/vpp port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maged Ahmad

Hello,

i'm new to embedded systems and i started to self-learn PIC micro controllers

and i have a question :

Pin 1 from pic 16877A called MCLR/VPP as shown in the following picture
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS49J_O__Kz2dKG71Y-FduzPUHJBgybBjawV-O6DxbELiZsUi2A

I read before that keeping this port in high state prevents accidental resets to the micro-controller because when this pin is at 0v the microcontroller resets
and so keeping it in high state prevents reseting

But according to this link
**broken link removed**
VPP reset at low state
but at high state it starts at 1st line everytime !

isn't starting at first line is the meaning of reseting ??

Both statements say the same... A reset occurs when MCLR is pulled low... The PIC runs when its kept high.

VPP is the 12+ volts required for programming.

Actually the pic resets at the highest address then rolls to 0... Most of the locations at power up are all set. So the PC on a pic14 will be at b'1111 1111 1111'

Then it rolls over to 0 where the reset vector is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back