Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16f877 Projects(easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalTrigger

Hey guys, im new to the site and actually new to microcontrollers. Im in college and im taking a micro-computer class and the chip we are working with is the PIC16f877. My Professor says its a simple chip to work with. Apparently we are using MPLAB to program the chip.

Overall instead of me blabbing, what is in store for me? I am aware that you can do many things with this chip, but what are easy projects to start with? And lastly what are some more advanced projects (not too hard) that I can utilize the chip with.

I am aware of winpicprog.co.uk and I havent fully check out the website. But to make a long story short, im new to all this and just looking into what can turn out:)

Easy things like flashing LEDs, then move on to LCDs, keyboard input, sensors, RS232. . . blah blah. . control the world.
The 16F877 can do pretty much anything you want*.

* Except U.S.B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back