Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic 16F84 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuchween

i am thinking of making my own programmer for 16F84
anyone here has any idea on how to build a programmer for 16F84 or 16F628?

i have looked into the interner to get the circuit but im afraid those circuit are not working
further more i am worried about the driver.

do you think i am able to build a programmer?
i am hoping to get a reliable circuitry to build cause im new on electronics and i do not know how to troubleshoot.

i am cuurrently using windows XP and i am not sure if this windows can support the programmer.

please help
thank you :)

Try reading the 'sticky' thread at the top of this forum, and check my site for programmers and software (that work under XP). Also, you shouldn't be looking at using the 16F84, it was replaced last century by the cheaper, higher spec, 16F628 - and has been effectively obselete for many years.

I'm sad.. microchip still produce 16F84A and there's no 'Not recommended for new design' note... maybe one day.

mister_e said:
I'm sad.. microchip still produce 16F84A and there's no 'Not recommended for new design' note... maybe one day.

There certainly was a "not recommended for new designs" a good number of years ago, perhaps they got tired and took it off?.

Mind you, when they can sell a lower spec chip for more money, why should they care?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back