Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic 12f675 - Rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkvasan

Hi i am new to microcontroller and trying to learn PIC controllers, i have completed few examples as mentioned in book, like flashing LED's etc...

Iam stuck with one problem , i am trying to send "Hello" to PC via RS232,
i wanted to see "Hello" in my PC hyperterminal as soon as i power up my PIC board, I have followed all the connections as mentioned in book, i have used MAX232 for serial communication.

I am not able to see "Hello" in Hyperterminal. I even connected LED to PIN 14 of MAX232(T1Out , which is connected to pin 2 of 9 pin D Connector)LED is blinking but "Hello" does not appear on Hyperterminal

Please help me to find solution

:(Rgds

LED is blinking but "Hello" does not appear on Hyperterminal

Please help me to find solution

:(Rgds

Does gibberish (i.e. rubbish characters) appear on Hyperterminal?

If there is none, then you are having wiring connection problems. One cause is a crossed serial cable.

If there are rubbish characters appearing, then your PIC baudrate or Comm settings is probably wrong. This can be caused by bad UART register setup, wrong crystal frequency used or you have the incorrect OSCCAL factory calibrating value loaded if you're using internal oscillator.

Last edited:
I think there is some wiring problem, it worked once. if check the voltage level at PIN 14 of Max232 i am getting approx 5V continously but i can see any think in hyperterminal. is it only wiring problem or there is any problem in my PC. i checked config setting in hyperterminal and seems to be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back