Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photoelectric sensor with Teach Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkyavocado

Hi,

I'm working on a project that is supposed to simulate a hockey face off vs the computer. The idea is to have a sensor in the floor that determine when the player has swung the stick. I found this:

Photoelectric Switch - Photoelectric Sensors - Switches - Electrical : Grainger Industrial Supply

and I am curious about how the teach mode works. The guy at Grainger said that I could train the sensor to only react to the hockey stick, thus eliminating false positives, like your foot etc... Is this true?

Also, is this the best component for the job. I was looking into proximity sensors too, but the guy at Grainger was steering me to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back