Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

photoelectric sensor to PC COM port

Status
Not open for further replies.

draze75

Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows how to connect the photoelectric sensor, Optex VR-1000T to computer via RS-232 port ? I need to read the sensor signal from the computer.

My project is about to detect the vehicle movement from 1 stage to another stage.

Thanks!.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows how to connect the photoelectric sensor, Optex VR-1000T to computer via RS-232 port ? I need to read the sensor signal from the computer.

My project is about to detect the vehicle movement from 1 stage to another stage.

Thanks!.

hi,
The datasheet for that model says its a relay contact output, can you confirm that.?

Use a Control pin input on the PC's 9Way RS232 connector, using Visual Basic you could write a short program to detect the pins state.

https://www.aggsoft.com/rs232-pinout-cable/pinout-and-signal.htm

EDIT:
Code:
Private Static Sub MSComm1_OnComm()
    Dim ERMsg$

Select Case MSComm1.CommEvent
        ' Event messages.

Case comEvReceive           
        Case comEvSend

Case comEvCTS' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> use one of these control signal events
            ERMsg$ = "Change in CTS Detected"
        Case comEvDSR
            ERMsg$ = "Change in DSR Detected"
        Case comEvCD
            ERMsg$ = "Change in CD Detected"
        Case Else
            ERMsg$ = "Unknown error or event"
    End Select

End Sub

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.