Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photodiodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

firdhaus

im trying to use a photodiode to detect color. is is possible? can anyone help me out? i do not intend to use a Light dependent Resistor (LDR) because of its in consistent senstivity.
i do not have a working circuit to show at the moment. i hv also went through many websites but most of them do not provide the details dat i need..... can anyone pls help me out????
im so stresses out.........................

im living in singapore n the components u stated are not available locally. also, the expenses r much more to buy from other countries.....

Then order it by mail.

I order all components by mail since the closest big electronic store is 80 km from me.So i order on there web site and in 5-15 days i get the pakege to my home but the posting costs me $3.3

sorry bro but im not taking the risk of ordering from overseas.... besides my project has a budget limit. thanks for the info though....

firdhaus said:
im trying to use a photodiode to detect color. is is possible?.....................

yes

use leds of different color
a red led on a red surface will give you a lower reading
then a green led on a red surface

use a pic to turn on and off each led
red
green
blue

also maybie a photo-transistor would work better?

hope this helps

spindrah said:
firdhaus said:
im trying to use a photodiode to detect color. is is possible?.....................

yes

use leds of different color
a red led on a red surface will give you a lower reading
then a green led on a red surface

use a pic to turn on and off each led
red
green
blue

also maybie a photo-transistor would work better?

hope this helps

I think you got this backwards. Red surfaces reflect red light and absorb all other wavelengths. A red surface illuminated by green light will look black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back