Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photodiode resistnce increase with light intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslamshaikh42

Hi Friends,

can anybody tell me that how a photo diode have a resistance increasing as light intensity increases

this is used in my company but i dont know the priciple of this diode

and if datasheet is available then it is great

Thanks in advance for helping me.

First of all , photo-diodes produce a small voltage which increases with illumination level. If biased with a constant reverse voltage, their leakage current increases with increasing illumination level.

Photo-resistors generally decrease resistance with increasing illumination level.

Do you have a part number of this mysterious part used at your company?

Last edited:
wow! That answer is cool. Ive been thinking if hundreds of photo diodes culd provide enough power to feed my laptop...

wow! That answer is cool. Ive been thinking if hundreds of photo diodes culd provide enough power to feed my laptop...
It's called a solar panel.

NO sir it doesn't hv any partno on it
it is looking like simple 547 X'tor but has only two terminals
it might be a solar sensor of some type
please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back