Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photodiode and Infra LED: how to increase the sensitvity of photodiode,long distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. this'll be very helpfull for me. but in that case how much distance I can cover with photodiode??
I'm not actually sure... with a laser transmitter the range is huge, but I'm not sure what range you'll get with IR leds. I'll do a little test tomorrow using a TV remote control tomorrow.

I'm not actually sure... with a laser transmitter the range is huge, but I'm not sure what range you'll get with IR leds. I'll do a little test tomorrow using a TV remote control tomorrow.

ok.then plz knwn me what result you get.

ok.then plz knwn me what result you get.
Ok, I tested it and the range is abysmal with a TV remote. The gain would have to be increased. Sorry for the useless info.

Don't worry. its ok. the most important think is that you all are giving your valuable time in it. let see what i can do. i'll post it here, what i may do.

The range of an ordinary TV remote to the IR receiver IC in a TV is at least 10m. Mine works at a range of 15m when I shine it on the rear wall and it bounces to the TV in front.

The TV remote BLASTS IR with peak current of about 1A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back